I’ve been asked….repeatedly (you know who you are ;-) but don’t worry you’re not the only one) for a picture of the baby belly.
And I’ll be perfectly honest, I’m not entirely excited to post one. It’s not that I don’t just adore how I look pregnant or anything (although adore may be stretching it.) It just happens to be the hottest summer in my area in 134 years. With two little girlies to chase around while in my last trimester of pregnancy, that doesn’t exactly have me putting my best face forward in photos if you know what I mean. I’m hot, tired, sweaty and I’ve given up on much more than a ponytail or a hat.
All that being said, here’s me in all my pregnant glory…
I’m behind Ole Miss. That’s Tiger and I heading off at the beginning of her big fun run. I’m wearing the only race tech shirt that still fits.
Also field day, here my nephew (whom I’m not allowed to show you) just nailed me with a water balloon. I realize you can’t totally see my belly, but this picture makes me laugh every time I see it because as I’m getting soaked Tiger is entirely oblivious to the real purpose of water balloons. She just kept squeezing them ‘til they’d pop.
This was today. I’m 8 months.
And now that you’ve officially seen the baby belly. I have one question, boy or girl? Any guesses?
Need a few more details to make an accurate educated (old wives’ tale) sort of guess? Here’s 10 random factoids about my pregnancy for you to consider:
1) I have two girls already.
2) I thought both times my girls were boys. They weren’t.
3) My gut told me right away this was a boy.
4) No morning sickness whatsoever with the first two. This one I spent the first 4 months with either morning sickness, a virus, or some combination of the two.
5) Far more tired and uncomfortable this time than I remember with either of my other pregnancies (although, this time I have two kiddos to chase around, one of whom is in fact, a Tiger).
6) This baby is constantly moving. ALWAYS. (although, my placenta was in the front for both girls & my OBGYN said you feel less movement when that’s the case. This time it’s in the back.)
7) Although I’m wickedly tired, it takes FOREVER to fall asleep and I can’t sleep more than an hour or two at a time.
8) My belly button is still in with no signs of making an outward appearance.
9) The Little Miss says we’re having a girl.
10) Tiger thinks we’re having a pony.
Ok…so there’s way more than you ever wanted to know about me being pregnant, but I know there’s all kinds of theories out there as to how you can tell if someone’s having a boy or a girl so I thought I’d give you a few details.
So what do you think? Boy or Girl? (Or pony?)
P.S. I probably should mention I already know and have been keeping it a secret. A few of you know already too, so don’t spill it! I’ll do that on Friday :-)
P.P.S. Did you see I posted a Road ID Giveaway just before the weekend? Here’s your chance to win a Road ID of your choice! Don’t miss it!