Maybe it’s just the cold talking here or maybe it’s that RunDad and I are engaged in an epic battle for control of the thermostat, I don’t know, but I seem to be far less tolerant of winter, cold, snow, and ice than ever before. I mean I live in MI for Pete’s sake. I’m fully aware that I should just EXPECT to freeze my tootsies off for oh…a good 5-6 months out of the year.
But I just can’t help but feel SO ridiculously tired of it right now and with another 4-7 inches on the agenda for tomorrow, I’m pretty sure you can all audibly hear me groan from this side of the computer screen.
But I will say this, besides being pristinely beautiful like in that gorgeous photo above taken by my sister-in-law who’s got a serious eye with a camera, winter has one other thing going for it…hats.
Now hats can be any number of things: a way to protect your head from the elements and keep warm, a fashion statement, a political statement, an advertisement, a show of support for your favorite team, charity, or cause; but for me, a hat is really one thing and one thing only: a way to get out of doing my hair . If I can do so with a super chic looking hat, even better.
Fortunately for me, I have a very talented aunt who crochets (that’d be her in the picture there wearing one of her original pieces). Fortunately for you, that tremendously creative aunt of mine has decided to launch her own business. Being that I am her good niece , I told her I’d love to help her spread the word about her site. And since she loves me more than all her other nieces (I’d also wink here, but that actually is true. She really DOES like me better than the rest. For real. Just ask her. Oh right…you can’t because you don’t know her. Guess you’ll just have to take my word for it. Hee hee hee), she offered to give away one of her extremely sweet hats to a blog reader of mine. YAY!
So let’s lend her a hand and spread the word about her shop CaptivCrochet on Etsy where she sells not only some very unique crocheted pieces as they are available, but the actual patterns so you can recreate her designs yourself. (And btw, she’s also completely open to ideas for creating new patterns if you happen to have one). You’ll help out my aunt and in the process enter yourself in the giveaway for one of her three fabulous hats. You select the style you want if you win. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Follow this blog. If you already are sweet! If not, upper right corner with you please. It’ll take about 2 seconds.
2)Like CaptivCrochet on Facebook. What? No FB account and you don’t want to get one? No problem. Tell your sister, brother, cousin, friend, coworker, or whoever to go like CaptivCrochet in your place. That’s close enough!
Once you’ve fulfilled those requirements, leave me a comment to let me know you’ve done so and voila! You are entered. But if you want to better your chances, because after all, those hats ARE pretty gosh darn cute, then read on my friend and see how to score a few more entries.
1. Go take a peek at CaptivCrochet on Etsy and tell us which of the three hats you would choose if you won. Please note, the hats on those extremely gorgeous little girls (who happen to be my just as full of personality as they are adorable cousins), could be worn on an adult or child. (1 entry)
2. Become a follower of CaptivCrochet’s blog. (1 entry)
3. Suggest CaptivCrochet on Facebook to your friends. (1 entry)
4. Like Secrets of a Running Mom on Facebook. (1 entry)
5. Follow Secrets of a Running Mom on Twitter. SIDENOTE: For the record, I suck at Twitter. I’m only on Twitter b/c I know some of you way prefer that over Facebook to stay updated. So please accept my sincerest apology right now if you do decide to follow me on Twitter and you’re less than happy with my tweeting. I know. It’s shameful. (1 entry)
6. Spread the word about this contest or Captiv Crochet. Email, word of mouth, snail mail, instant message, status update, whatever you can think of. I’m not picky. You’ll be granted one entry for each method. (limit 5)
7. Leave my aunt an idea she can use to create a new pattern. (5 entries…that’s right FIVE. This is a good one.)
Which brings your max entry total to a whopping 16 should you choose to partake in EVERY method, which is not at all necessary but very helpful. In fact, if you take the time to enter this contest 16 times, I’ll reward your hard work with an additional 4 entries to make it an even 20. Fair enough?
Leave me a comment to let me know how many ways you’ve entered by March 6th, 2011 11:59:59PM. One of my little gals will draw one winner’s name from a big bowl of entries on Monday, March 7th and I’ll announce the winner that day. Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have questions.
Best of luck!
P.S. And while we’re all thinking cold, winter, and more snow, snow, snow, don’t forget a little something for your tots. THREE No Snow Snugglers are up for grabs and there’s still time to enter. Click here for details.