Oh yes. It’s that time. Just what you’ve all been waiting for. The reviews are done and now it’s time for one of you lucky lucks to get hooked up. Seriously hooked up.
I heard from Scott at Outside Pr yesterday and he said let’s give away “a mix of all the flavors and products you tried.” (AWWW YEAH!)
So let’s recap for those of you who might be newly joining us or perhaps can’t quite remember what exactly that mix would include. You can catch up on the reviews by clicking here. But in the meantime, here’s a list of what I tried:
- Chocolate Outrage
- Espresso Love
- Strawberry Banana
- Lemon Sublime
- Vanilla Bean
- Mint Chocolate
- Jet Blackberry
- Mandarin Orange **NEW FLAVOR**
- Vanilla Orange
- Blueberry Pomegranate
- Cranberry Apple
- Blueberry Pomegranate
- Lemon Lime
- Blueberry Pomegranate
- Strawberry Watermelon
- Orange Pineapple
Alright come on now. Who loves ya baby? Actually, it’s Outside PR and Gu. I have no real power over the distribution of free Gu Products. I’m just the middle man. So feel free to shower your thanks and praises upon them.
And yep. For those of you who read my Gu Energy Gel review and are wondering how I got my hot little hands on some Mint Chocolate and Jet Blackberry since they don’t carry those flavors at my local store and I didn’t initially receive them, you’ll be happy to know that Scott came to my short long run rescue and sent me some to try.
And can I just say: Oh. My. Word. Don’t be surprised if there’s a future post about me on a dark desperate night lying on the couch surrounded by empty Mint Chocolate Gu packets or a specially ordered box for specific use of frosting my birthday cake. Easily, this one has slipped up and knocked Vanilla Bean off the top slot and you know how I feel about Vanilla Bean (if not, click here at your own risk. But be forewarned, your opinion of me may never be the same).
And Jet Blackberry? Well, that one rocks too. Doesn’t quite surpass Vanilla Bean, but definitely takes the bronze. I’m thinking it’s not that my running store doesn’t carry those flavors after all. More like they can’t keep them on the shelves. So so yummy.
But let’s get on with the giveaway details, shall we? Please let me know via the comments how many times and in what ways you’ve entered. Only one comment is necessary. Some day I’ll use random.org like the rest of you, but for now, I like giving my 4 year old the thrill of picking the winner out of a big bowl of names. (Actually, I keep the bowl for about a week and randomly reward her for things by letting her pick “another winner.” She has no idea there’s only one. She is a little miffed though that she’s never picked her own name or anyone she knows for that matter. But I digress…)
Required to Enter:
1. Become a follower of this blog or let me know if you already are one and you’d like a chance at the Gu care package that Scott’s putting together.
Additional Entries (each worth one additional entry):
1. Leave me a totally random fact about you. (Just for fun. Let’s see what sort of crazies we’re dealing with here :-) And don’t just put, I have blue eyes. Tell us something a little more interesting. No offense to people with blue eyes btw.)
2. Like Outside PR on Facebook
3. Like Gu on Facebook
5. Suggest Secrets of A Running Mom to your friends.
5. Update your FB Status about this contest. (NOTE: But you must say something more creative than Gu Giveaway and the link. I don’t care what, but make it interesting, include the link and leave what you wrote in the comment.)
6. Follow Outside PR on Twitter
7. Follow Gu on Twitter
8. Follow me on Twitter
9. Tweet about this contest (Ditto on #5.)
10. Blog about this contest (adding to your giveaway section counts)
11. Add me to your blog roll
12. Email your friends about the contest
13. Tell your friends in person about the contest
14. Go add something funny that you’ve said to your kids to my funny things parents say post here.
15. Come hang out with me on the Daily Mile.
**PHEW** Ok that’s really a lot of ways to enter. But you don’t have to do them all, I just wanted to give you some options. Serious options. Plus some of you might be on Twitter but not FB or vice versa. And for those of you who are going to do the work and do them all, well why not reward you with a few more entries then eh?
So that’s the deal. If you already have become a FB fan, Twitter Follower, etc, just let me know and that will count too. All entries must be received by 11:59PM on Thursday, August 26th and the winner (sorry only one) will be announced on Friday, August 27th. They’ll have 48 hours to respond and if they do not, we’ll pick another.